Complete Canoe Trip Outfitting
Cliff Wold’s complete outfitting package provides you with everything you need for an enjoyable canoe trip. We supply the best all-around lightweight equipment – tested and proven for dependability. Our ultra-lightweight Souris River, Wenonah, and Northstar kevlar canoes and lightweight Grumman aluminum canoes are great for safe traveling and easy portaging. Your comfort will be ensured with ALPS outfitter-grade tents and freshly laundered sleeping bags. Plus, Cliff Wold’s deluxe custom packed meals are guaranteed to keep your appetite satisfied out on the canoe trails. If you’re looking for a hassle-free camping trip, our complete outfitting package is the way to go.
Complete Outfitting Package includes:
- Aluminum or Kevlar Canoes with Yoke Pads
- Paddles & Life Vests
- Lightweight Nylon Tents, Free-Standing Two-Pole Design
- Sleeping Bags (Comfy & Clean)
- Inflatable Full-Length Sleeping Pads
- Deluxe Portage Packs with Padded Shoulder Straps, Back Panel & Hip Belt
- Thick Poly Bags to Keep Your Clothes and Personal Items Dry Inside Portage Packs
- Deluxe Custom Packed Food & Supplies (View Menu)
- Cook Kit with Nesting Pot & Pans
- Cooking Utensils (Spatula, Fork, Spoon, Whisk, Knife, Ladle, Pot Gripper)
- Eating Utensils, Plates and Cups
- Coffee Pot
- Cleaning Supplies (Biodegradable Dish Soap, SOS Pads, Scrub Sponge, etc.)
- Matches & Lighter
- Cook Stove (Fuel Extra)
- Toilet Paper
- Lightweight Coated Nylon Tarp 10′ x 12′ (Dining Fly)
- Folding Water Container, 2.5 Gallon
- Bear Rope for Hanging Food Packs
- 50′ Utility Cord
- Rain Ponchos (packed upon request)
- Camp Saw & Axe
- Fire Grate & Shovel (Quetico trips only; BWCAW campsites have a fire grate and latrine)
- Navigational Compass
- Detailed Maps with Waterproof Case (2 sets per camping group – yours to keep!)
- Custom Trip Planning and Route Advice
- Transportation to many Ely Area Entry Points
- Safe and Secure Parking at our Overnight Facility
- Hot Showers Upon Return
Complete Package Rates
The rates below are per person for the corresponding group size and trip duration.
|Group Size||3 Days||4 Days||5 Days||6 Days||7 Days||Each Additional Day|
Below are rates for youth when accompanied by an adult (when large group discounts do not apply):
|Age||3 Days||4 Days||5 Days||6 Days||7 Days||Each Additional Day|
No charge for children under age 7 when no extra food or canoe is required.
Solo travelers add 20% to the 2-person rates.
Note: Other than non-profit sponsored groups, add 7.375% Minnesota Sales Tax to above rates.
Kevlar Canoe Upgrade
Upgrade to an ultralight Kevlar canoe for faster and easier travel. This option is a favorite for those wanting to travel deeper into the wilderness. Also included:
- Bent Shaft Paddles – engineered for a more efficient paddle stroke
- Crazy Creek Canoe Chairs – back support and seat comfort in the canoe, and camp too
- PFD Paddle Vest – adjustable sides and shoulders, allows for great mobility and breathability
2-person canoe: additional $25/day/canoe; 3-person canoe: additional $30/day/canoe
- Helinox Camp Chair (2lb 2oz): $4/day
- Humminbird Fish Finder: $12/day or $50/week
- SPOT Satellite GPS Messenger: $25 (1-3 Days), $5 Each Additional Day
Our complete outfitting rates include transportation to many Ely area entry points when only one van is required. Our vans, when equipped with trailers, will haul up to 10 people plus food and equipment. There is an additional charge when a second van is required. Refer to our Transportation page for rates and included landings.
Youth Group Discounts
Groups with 51% or more of the members age 17 & under, we give a discount of one leader no charge for each five paid members; or two leaders no charge for each seven paid members in the total group size and one leader no charge for each additional five paid members (when total membership does not add up to a second seven). Discounts figure out this way: in groups of 6 to 8 people, one leader goes no charge; groups of 9 to 14 people, two leaders go no charge; groups of 15 to 17 people, three leaders go no charge; in groups of 18 to 23 people, four leaders go no charge; etc.
Adult Group Discounts
Groups with 51% or more of the members age 18 and over, we give a discount of one leader no charge for each seven paid members in the total group size and/or one-half a paid person’s charge for each additional five paid members when the total group membership does not add up to a second seven. Discounts figure out this way: in groups of 8 to 12 people, one leader goes no charge; groups of 13 to 15 people, one leader goes no charge and a second person pays one-half rate; groups of 16 to 20 people, two leaders go no charge; etc.
- Deposits: A non-refundable deposit of $100 per camping group is required at the time of reservation. You have two choices for payment: 1) Electronic payment (we will email you a secure link for processing) or 2) Mail check to Cliff Wold’s, 1731 E Sheridan St, Ely, MN 55731.
- Payment: Final payment is due upon arrival. We accept cash, check and all major credit cards. If paying by credit/debit card, a 3.25% processing fee will be added. We prefer the full cost of the group paid in full by the leader.
- Early Return: No refunds will be issued if you decide to end your trip early.